Dirk Huygens belongs to Corbus Law Firm, an independent law firm which usually collaborates with ILP Law Firm.
Dirk mainly works in business law, focusing on corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and insolvency. He is the founding member and director of the Belgian Corporate Finance Association (www.bcfa.eu), a network of professionals involved in corporate finance and acquisitions.
Dirk is also active in IP/ICT law. He is a member of the ‘Nederlandse vereniging voor Informatietechnologie en Recht’ (Dutch Association for Information Technology and Law) (www.nvvir.nl).
As certified mediator in civil and commercial matters and a member of VOBA (www.voba.be) and Brussels-based mediation centre b-Mediation, Dirk has acquired considerable experience as a commercial mediator.
Dirk is regularly appointed as arbitrator in national and international arbitration cases, and he is a member of Cepina and arbitrator at the Arbitration Institute (www.euro-arbitration.org).
- Certified commercial mediator
Universiteit Antwerpen (UA) (2010-2011)
Belgische Kamer van Rekenplichtigen Antwerpen (2003)
- Master of business law
Universiteit Antwerpen (UA) (1999)
- Master of management
Flemish Institute of Management: Vlekho Brussels (1991)
- Master of law
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (KUL) (1990)
Faculté Notre Dame de la Paix Namur (FNDP) (1987)
- Company law, mergers and acquisitions
- Restructuring, insolvency law
- Commercial law
- Member of Cepina (arbiter)
- Arbiter Institute for Arbitration
- Arbiter and mediator VOBA
- Founding member Belgian Corporate Finance Associaton
- Member Netherlands Association for Information Technology and Law
- Mediator b-Mediation
- Member non profit association of lawyers in stock exchange and financial law (ABF VZW)